Friday, May 11, 2012

What Karibu really means

Len and I were blessed to have very little traveling issues. The line at Dulles to check in was excrutiatingly long but we had so many kind people to help. Flights were uneventful and we both slept very well. When we got to the visa desk, we were standing in line and a very nice young man asked us to come over to his line. He said, your passport is full of Kenya. And I said, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Usually, after you pay your money, they take your picture. But he said to me, we know who you are and have your picture many times.
On to baggage claim where we have enough bags for 6 people. We load up and head up to the counter to face the intimidating lady. She asked what the purpose of our trip was, and we told her to spend the summer with family. And we meant that. She asked if we bought gifts for our friends and we said yes. Then she asked what we brought and Len said peanut butter, a tent and I don't know what else . Then she looked at us very quizically and said " you have FAMILY in Kenya... and I said yes, I have a brother there.
After the usual interogation she smile and let us out.

And there they were.... Peter, Sarah and little Mephis with big happy smiles. They all took the luggage carts, I held sweet Mephis all the way to the car. What a beautiful baby.
The hugs with Sarah and Peter were filled with so much love and we were so happy.

We got into "the baby boy" ( start with one van) and I took my seat - next to the driver.

We settled in to make the drive... and then it happened. Peter popped open the cooler and there they were - STONEY TANGAWIZI . My brother is kind and generous and thoughtful. We popped the tops had a little toast and shared the "champagne." Karibu Kenya.

4 comments:

  1. You are both going to be so Blessed as you follow this call on your life!!! Prayers and Blessing for ALL the days ahead and ALL GOD will place on your pathways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE hearing how God's plan works out!!! Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers! Soooooo jealous! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Housewife, huh???? Hmmmmmm.....that's really funny!!! And, please DO tell, what was Len's stated occupation???

    ReplyDelete