Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Accountability

Since we arrived, I have been keeping a spreadsheet of all of our expenses and keeping a very tight accounting of where each dime is going. I want to be able to be sure that I do our budget correctly but more than that, I want to be able to give an accounting to the many supporters of God's work in Kenya through us there are. My prayers each day are mostly for discernment. There are so many needs, so many requests.
Today as we talked with friends, we got a little closer to having them understand that when Len and I come, we come not with our own money, but by the grace of God and through the work of his servants at home.

We come because young children chose to save money in piggy banks. We come because families chose to use some of their "extra" money to send to Kenya. We come because our family has toiled beside us with oyster roasts, barbecues, and making oyster stew. We are here as stewards of that money. And for each project or step that we take, we must first go to the Lord for help and then we ask for your prayers as well.
Pray that we are the best stewards possible for His glory only.

No comments:

Post a Comment