Sunday, May 13, 2012

Being outside

In Virginia, I am a captive in my own home due to the types of pollen there. In Kenya, the dust can be tough but right now it rains often and is not so dusty. I have been sitting oustide all day. I had breakfast outside - chai twice. Once with my brother and then Len made his own to which Peter gave a big thumbs up.  Unpacking most of the day today... settling in. This is indeed home.
There are chicks everywhere.... cutest little things ever. And there is a very small one which is either the youngest, or not well, or perhaps just the runt. And now I will be obsessed with that one.
From where I am sitting I see mangos on the tree almost ready to be eaten.... a beautiful garden and I can smell sweet fresh wonderful rain.
Did I mention I am also sipping my second Stoney.. I am trying to pace myself. Went to the new Nakumatt... but although you can get anything you want there... it's too american. We'll be getting as much as we can from street markets from now on.
Mother's Day... the very first holiday since we departed . I am indeed missing my mother. But she is half of what I am today and how I leanred to serve others. God Bless my mother and all mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment