Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The butchery

Many many times I have passed by the butcheries in Lanet or in Nakuru. The big slabs of animals hanging in the windows. I never got really close to them.
Today, we went into the butchery. Whoa... the smell.....
It was smoky and not well ventilated. And the flies were around EVERYWHERE. And then in a tub there were things I could identify as livers of some kind, and I saw what I thought was goat intestine. And then I saw this nasty black pile of something that was apparently cow intestine. CHAFU....

And for a minute, I had to walk outside. My stomach churned just a bit. My stomach does not churn when we see horrible burns at clinics or when we see a nasty sore... but the cow intestine . Whoa....
But I got myself together and we had delicious roasted pork and chips ( french fries) and I swatted flies... and guess what... I didn't die.  I love every minute of it.

This picture is of the leftovers... and this part was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment