Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ngorogiaoigio or something like that

We have an elderly Masai guard. He speaks no English and no Swahili. I can't remember if I have written about him before. I can't pronounce his name at all.
A couple of nights ago, I was in the house and it was dark and I wanted to take something to Mama Chico. I opened the door and walked right into him. He likes to look in the windows. I nearly wet my pants.
He's difficult to see because he is very dark.
Tonight, I was sitting at the computer and thought I could feel someone looking at me. Then I heard whistling which could have been a bird. And then I looked up and saw motion - it was his hand waving at me. He was just standing there looking at me and then I waved and he smiled.

Did I mention his eyes are crossed?

He does carry a bow and arrows. So far I have not been in danger. I suppose I should be grateful for his stealth.

1 comment: