Monday, April 16, 2012

Exit documents

Today heralds my last week at TS&W. There are no words to describe how I am feeling about this. These  are some of my dearest friends. There are a fewI have known for the full 20 years. There are many who have been part of my life for 10 or more years. They were there when I was so excited because Rebecca, my first niece was being born. They were there when I called off not one but two or more engagements ( I always learn the hard way.)  They were there when Len had his "little heart thing" and they have been there through all of my incessant talk  about Africa.I have been to 20 or more picnics... at least 15 Christmas parties.... bowling parties... I have prepared food for every conceivable holiday buffet.  I have seen some marry, some divorce, others have beautiful children. It has been my home.

Today, I accepted an invitation  for Thursday to prepare my "exit documents." I hope they are waterproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment