Friday, April 13, 2012

The Car Wash

After my four hour dental appointment..... I am now at the Car Pool. The new one in Short Pump. I am sitting outside in a very nice simulated leather outdoor chair- with footstool. Obviously, I am also connected to their free WIFI....We're washing my car that will be for sale very soon. All of a sudden I am very fond of it. All of a sudden, I realize that while I joke about wanting a chauffeur, I am about to be in a place where I CANNOT drive.Don't get me wrong, the pleasure of riding with my brother Peter on a regular basis makes all of that alright. But the Car Pool is just slapping me right in the head with how spoiled Americans really are.
My lifestyle changed dramatically after my first trip to Africa to Sierra Leone. I have not worn my diamond since that trip. I turn the faucet off while I brush my teeth. I shop far less than I used to and actually purchase most "stuff" on EBAY.
All that said... there's still alot that will change and that needs to change. I do , however, long for the simpler life I will have in Kenya. While daily living for me will be simpler, other parts of life will be much more difficult.
I know that EVERY day I will see something I can't do anything about. And I'll give that to God. I'll see some situation I can't fix... and I'll have to give it all to God.

Perhaps I should remind myself each day... to give it all to God.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment