Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Where to start

Coming back to this blog is tougher than I thought. I am so incredibly sad that I didn't keep this going. I keep going over and over all the stories I missed in the last couple of years. And then I realize, that I can wallow in the past, or pick up and keep going.

An a-ha! moment.  Isn't that the struggle each and every day? I get caught in what if and if only so many many times. I look back over my ministry in Kenya and surely have so many regrets. There have been some very painful moments particularly over the last couple of years where I truly wondered what God was doing... or did I think I heard his voice but didn't really...

When I said yes to the call of God to go to Kenya, the first thing I felt was relief and peace. I had finally said yes to the thing that God wanted most from me. It took a few years, but I realized that saying yes was not a permanent one and done thing. From that moment on, life got tougher rather than easier. From that moment on, I faced disappointment after disappointment. We lost some friends - mostly because we were so very far away. My sisters had and still have a difficult time understanding how I could go so far and leave my parents and my family. Everything did not get easier. And I could do what I did with this blog. I could think  "what if " I had just stayed at TSW - my home for 20 years and an incredible place to work. I'd have money now. I could help my parents more. I could send enough money to help fund the Rescue Centre.... OH WAIT!!!!?????

And then it becomes clear... God's plan was for me to assist in building that Rescue Centre not fund it personally. He wanted my blood, sweat and tears in that building. He wanted me to listen carefully and do exactly what HE wanted.

When we moved to Kenya in 2012,  many people would say..."are you going to build a school..." and my answer was always I don't plan on building ANYTHING in Kenya... and it stayed that way. And I didn't build anything in Kenya . God did... through Esther's vision and my willingness to do my part.

Wow... I really should write a book because this is already REALLY long.... but I digress.
In the coming days and weeks, I hope to select a few stories here and there that will chronicle the life of the ministry from now on. I am praying over all the thoughts in my head now before I tell the first story.... stay tuned. One of the stories will surely be the relationship of these two...Denis and Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment