Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Perspective

As most of you already know, my Dad found out about a week and a half ago that he had to have open heart surgery .Apparently, I am very hard on the hearts of the men I love most . Len, my husband, had a quad bypass in 2006. Now Daddy will have a triple or possible quad.

So now I know what it feels like to be half way around the world when someone you know has something major to deal with - although he's calling it a bump in the road. And it will be a bump, but I know from watching Len that the next two weeks are going to be tough on him and on my mother. It is incredibly hard to watch someone you love suffer.

Our passports were with Kenya immigration finalizing our work permits. Work permits are very difficult to get in Kenya right now and we have been working on it for months. So we had to wait for the process to be rushed and finished before i could get a flight to come home. At first, I was flying out last Friday... then it moved, and moved and moved again.

Today, it looks like I will be flying out. I think without the Lord by my side I would be completely nutty by now. But beyond that, the Lord has given me the greatest friends and family ever. Len has been a rock. I pretty much shut down after Sunday - felt desperate.  We came to Nairobi and " the boys" Anderson, James and Timothy came with us. They have been a great distraction as we hang out waiting.
One of them will stay one more night with Len so that he is not alone. Peter and Mama Shiko are here as well... holding my hand, praying, just "being" with me. I am blessed

So... as I thought about how much I miss my family - especially my Mom and Dad right now... the reality of the life of these boys smacked me right in the face. Anderson and James are total orphans. At such a young age they lost the two most important people in their lives. I have had my parents for such a long time and that is a blessing. I still get to talk to them and ask them things. I do not take that for granted. And I am gonna love those boys harder because they deserve it. They have been good to me and I thank God for them. These are the three taken at the beginning ot he year on their first day of high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment