Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Short Hair

While I continue to try to process all that has happened in the last 4 months, I thought I'd share some random  thoughts and insights.

Before I left Kenya, I got my hair cut shorter than it's been in some time. I was telling everyone it was easier to manage- and it is. It's cooler and easier to manage.

The truth is, I haven't felt "pretty " enough to have short hair in years. My very round body made me feel like I needed to hide behind all that hair.

The good news is that while we were in Kenya I lost about 25 pounds. I started to feel better - more comfortable in my own skin. And as I felt more comfortable I thought - go for it.... Cut that hair.

And now it's shorter... and I am less round ( with additional roundness to shed)...  Yes, eating better and less has been great. Moving more and walking more has made me feel so much better.

There is still stress... but I find it easier to rely on God now... and I am diggin' my short hair.

2 comments:

  1. I love your short hair! I noticed it right away. It suits you well. Both you and Len look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to be free?! Resting in the Spirit and being the unique you He created!

    ReplyDelete