Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thoughts from our first day at clinic at Kopanga

We'll try something new tonight. Here are a few favorite or memorable moments of today.
For me , today I was in triage for the first time this year. I had forgotten what it is like to see so many people so closely. So many who are so sick.
For me today, the most memorable was a young mother who fell down while she was breast feeding . Her fever was so high that she started shaking. We took her inside and got her fever down. It took two blankets and me laying beside her to get it straight. Martha took her very young baby outside while we treated her. Most babies here do not wear diapers - particularly in the rural areas.  Martha was christened by the wee thing... I had to say it was funny.  We made a diaper for the sweet little thing and Momma was better and went home smiling.
Susan.
More later... rain is coming.
S

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing what God has called you to do. I pray for you all each and every day...Love you!

    ReplyDelete