Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today we went to Holy Trinity Academy. The drive is about 30 minutes.
About half of the total number of children we have in our Children's education and welfare fund are in this school.

Our program is comprehensive. This means that not only do we provide for tuition and education supplies, we provide for the whole child - body , mind and soul.

Whenever I think of these children I think of the prayer I said so many times while at St. Margaret's

"And since it is of thy mercy, heavenly father,
That another day is added to our lives,
We hereby dedicate both our souls and our bodies to Thee and Thy service in a sober , righteous and Godly life,
In which resolution, o thou most merciful God,
Confirm and strenthen us
That as we grow in age, we may grow in grace."

Ok.. so it's been over 30 years since I said that prayer. I know I messed up some of the words. But the sentiments are the same. I could hear myself continuing to pray that prayer for me. But I could also hear the children in the Children's Education and Welfare program saying that prayer as well.

Ordinary day - we are always asked what an average day is like. Today should have been one of those. Off to Holy Trinity for a health screening in preparation for a pedicatrician who is coming in a few weeks. We also wante to get "results" from the most recent KCPE - a very important exam that those finishing primary school ( class 8) take to determine what their future will be like. After these results come out, schools start offering spots in their classrooms based upon those scores. More about this in my next blog.

But this usual day, led to tears and trips to a dental surgeon. And of course, 3 children who will now fill the number of spaces we currently have funds for for children.

All in a day's work... tomorrow we go back and start looking at ways to screen the dorms.

A couple of pics from this "ordinary" day.... coming.... soon... hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment