Thursday, June 28, 2012

Today was the day

So, we've been here 6 weeks now. This is the longest we have ever been in Kenya. Today, I have some sort of stomach bug. So while the team is out delivering water filters, I am at home taking care of a few things.
You know how when you don't feel well you want your Mom? Well, today is that kind of day. I don't feel well, I am a little tired and I am so far away from home.
Today was the very first day that I thought that perhaps I really could not do this forever. But as soon as I was feeling a little better, that went away.
The adjustment is harder than I thought it would be. I see everything here differently now. It's real and not far away. I now see that for every little sweet face I see, there is a teenager boy or girl who readily snatches a pencil from the younger children.
I see now that I am going to be asked for money from someone at least 3 times per day.
I know I cannot help everyone.
 I wonder why some of my most difficult days are caused by Kenyan adults who have some sort of power.
But then I went to my daily devotion and it said( from Jesus Calling.."Rest with me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. ...Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey."
I need to adjust on His time.... This is not easy. But I am surely where God wants me to be. I thank God every day for Len who has been a great source of strength.
I am not counting the days until we come home. I am looking forward to the next few months. I just ask for prayers for days like this.


1 comment:

  1. I love you Susan and we pray for you and Len each day.

    ReplyDelete